About our Tutors | Philosophy and Promises
- We are invested in your student's success. We realize that test preparation is essential to both college admittance and/or financial aid offers, and we take steps to maximize each student's performance. We strive to work with students to master the SAT content and set score goals that will allow them options during the college admissions season.
- We have seen time and time again that student motivation is the single most important factor in score increases. Our classes and the mock tests provide students with the opportunity to improve their scores, but outside-of-class homework is crucial for maximum improvement.
- We believe in "communicate early, communicate often." When we see a concerning issue, we will address it via phone or email so that both students and parents may address the issue promptly.
- The best score results come from having both an engaged student and engaged parents. We strongly encourage parents to regularly check in with their student to see how the homework is going and how they feel about their progress.
- We are experts at our craft; to that effect, all Edison Prep tutors take both the SAT and ACT multiple times per year to keep current.
- We only use actual College Board SATs for our mock tests. Those tests are the gold standard for any professional test prep organization.
- When a student enrolls to do tutoring for a given standardized test with us, his or her hourly rate won't increase for the duration of any tutoring he or she does for that test. How does this apply to long-term subject tutoring?
- We don't believe in nickel and diming. The listed prices include all materials such as books, as well as the SAT pre-test review sessions that occur the Thursday evening before each SAT.
- With Edison Prep, you get the most experienced tutors at a much lower price than companies charge for inexperienced tutors. (See comparison here.) We have neither a stock price to support nor do we purchase expensive radio ads; lower overhead means you get great tutors at an incredible price.
Our company is small because we are focused on maintaining quality; we would rather occasionally put a prospective student on a waiting list than provide you with a tutor whose quality we couldn't stand behind. This focus on quality has led to great results.
Matching Tutors and Students:
Every tutor has a different style and you can request whichever tutor you think may work best with your son or daughter. Edison Prep tutors discuss their teaching methodologies and techniques with each other often, aiming to continuously improve their work.
"No single four-hour period can have more impact on your student's eventual success than the SAT/ACT. Just like with a master athlete, it's not about the 10 meter sprint, it's about the hard work and preparation that goes into it beforehand that ultimately determines success when it matters most."